PROCESSTEC is a primary North American distributor of Visco Jet® agitator systems. Manufactured in Germany, Visco Jet products represent the cutting edge in agitating, mixing and blending technologies. Their innovative systems provide manufacturers with the ability to install affordable, customized solutions. As system builders, we are constantly innovating and always careful to use high-quality equipment in every step of our processing systems. Visco Jet is an ideal partner for PROCESSTEC; with their proven techniques, commitment to quality and an extraordinary team, they fit perfectly into our philosophy.
. . . . . . ..we are connecting the dots.
Benefits at a Glance
The VISCO JET® agitation system offers a multitude of advantages over conventional mixing systems, especially in hazardous areas, such as:
- Short Mixing Times – The cone-shaped impellers produce self-stimulating agitation effects in the product, which leads to accelerated, efficient, and homogenous mixing.
- No Formation of Air Pockets – No air is drawn in during the mixing process. In fact, the product can even be de-aerated when the agitator is operated intermittently or at low circumferential speeds.
- No Foam Formation – Low mixing speeds and the resulting absence of air pockets avoid foam formation.
- No Temperature Rise – The medium is not heated due to the low mixing speeds and the very short mixing times.
- Gentle Mixing Action -The medium experiences accelerated laminar flow with stable vortices, which avoids potentially harmful turbulences.
- Energy Savings – The VISCO JET® agitation system saves up to 50 % energy compared to conventional systems.
- No Additional Accessories or Assemblies - The VISCO JET® agitation system does not require any additional assemblies (e.g. baffles, shaft guide bearings). In addition, one element set suffices even for very large mixing volumes (up to and exceeding 66,000 gallons), which makes additional cleaning and sterilization efforts unnecessary.
- Multifunctional - Unlike conventional systems, which have to be specifically designed for each mixing task, VISCO JET® agitation systems are multifunctional. One and the same VISCO JET® element can be used for nearly every mixing task.
- Light Construction – Smaller drives and smaller radial forces on the mixing elements result in significantly reduced torques on the shaft, which can therefore be dimensioned smaller and lighter.
Visco Jet Agitators Use the Conical Principle
Different conical agitator elements can be selected depending on the viscosity of the product. Closed cones are best for aqueous to medium viscosity applications, while spiral cones are ideal for highly viscous products. Both types are available in fold-away models for small container openings.
Accelerated laminar flow at the exit of the cone, combined with the reverse turbulence created by the dynamic pressure at the cone entrance, generates high-momentum mixing movements as the agitator slowly rotates.
This creates highly efficient, yet product-friendly, agitator processes with very little energy expenditure, even in tanks with very large volumes.
Benefits in association with PROCESSTEC Systems
PROCESSTEC is committed to staying on the cutting edge of sanitary processing systems. A significant component of this effort is sourcing innovative technologies like Visco Jet to create the most efficient and effective processing systems for our customers. We understand the functional, equipment, and product needs of our clients, which allows us to design and implement every detail to match the specific needs of every project.